Few things drag Long and I away from our main gigs, moms of the year/Beautcounter boss ladies, but the Met Ball is a must-blog. No excuses, especially when the theme is “camp” – inside joke, don’t mind us.
If you found the “camp” theme a bit of an enigma, seems you are not alone, with a little bit of everything making an appearance on the infamous stairs this year. Here’s an article summing up what the theme is really about.
Camp fashion can be humorous, ironic, or simply extreme in its nature
Yes, please. My top 5 are as follows and yes, Long and I cyber-arm-wrestled over a couple of them.
1.Lupita – Queen slays again. I can’t even.
2.Alexa Chung in “Jane Austen goes Disco”
3. The Marvelous Ms. Brosnahan in Erdem
4.Gemma “Chan”neling Elizabeth Taylor
5. Campiest Couple award goes to . . . J Lo and A Rod & their 5 zillion diamonds
Enter Long: I’m not going to lie. It almost got ugly over Brosnahan. But, I ended up with Boynton, so all good. And I’m super confident I could win any arm wresting endeavors with Loomis. (Should that be a thing? Loomis vs. Long on Pay Per View?) Back to it.
6. Serena. The ultimate badass mama in Versace and sneakers, as only she could.
I love her hubby, Alexis Ohanian, too.
7. Cole Sprouse & Lili Reinhart from Riverdale. Yes, those are (super fancy) shorts that she is wearing!
In our extra spare time, we like to cast the movie for Dasiy Jones and The Six (if you haven’t read it yet, go get it!). I would nominate Lili for young Daisy. Can you see it, Loomis?
8. Lucy Boynton in Prada. Get in close and see her gorgeous make up.
9. It’s not totally campy, but my girl Sienna was en fuego in a chainmail Paco Rabanne look.
10. And, on the flip side, gotta give Gaga the nod for going all out with the theme.
Who were your faves?
P.S. This is how Loomis & Long will be entering any and all events going forward. Too much?