Yes, perhaps our “summer hours” have morphed into winter hours as well. Whoops! But we are back in action today because we must scream about our huge friends & fam sale from the rooftops (aka blog so Long’s mom and Kerry can read it). This is not one to be missed as it’s 15 percent off sitewide. What?! I know I know we can barely stand the excitement either.
We are sharing our top ten must haves for the occasion. Loomis is going first because Long is at “fitness” obvs.
1.Ahem, you may have seen/heard about the new Kardash site, Poosh. It obvs caught my eye because this pic looks just like me. Must be the sugar scrub!
2. I want to sleep with the fan brush and her little amazing friends. These are the softest, most capable brushes I’ve ever met. And rarely on sale! Designed specifically for our products, they are truly a match made in heaven.
This collection features the four makeup brushes that are essential to every makeup kit. They are all made with high performance taklon bristles, which are smooth, soft and 100% animal hair-free. Fan Powder Brush is designed to apply and diffuse bronzer, powder highlighter, and finishing powder. Angled Blush Brush offers a precise application of blush and bronzer. All-Over Eye Brush is ideal for applying a wash of color across the lids, while Crease Eye Brush is designed for precise application of eyeshadow into the contours of the eye.
Designed to be different: Inspired by artist paintbrushes, our brushes are weighted at the bristles to help you apply color in an ergonomic fashion. They also feature an elongated metal ring where the brush head meets the handle to help keep moisture away when washing – and therefore extend the life of your tools. Our brushes are tailored to the size and shape of our cosmetics compacts, and the bristle tips are custom crimped to pick up the ideal amount of product.
3. Speaking of bronzers, and blushes, and highlighters, oh my! I’m obsessed with our newly formulated pressed powders, especially the glorious shades of satin powder blush. As a Nars Orgasm convert, I am particularly smitten with Guava.
And not to be all Debbie Downer – but ummmm, in case you lived under a rock and missed the latest Claire’s scandal, this is a REAL issue. If you’d like to know more, our colleague Stacy delves into it quite deeply on her blog, Real Everything. Well worth the read!
*off soapbox* for now.
4. TWO WORDS.
Beautycounter’s gift to wo/mankind.
I personally wear Dew Skin every day, all year long (well the days I get out of my PJS so like half the days.) With longer sunlit hours, higher temps, and more sun exposure this is my errrrything.
Don’t just take my word for it. Goop editor Jean Godfrey June
and Jenna Lyons, and like everyone who’s remotely cool does the dew!
5. Okay, now I’m like legit having a panic attack narrowing it down to one other product you should buy during the sale?! I mean, I could not fathom only having 5 of these in my life (which is why I am a consultant, among other reasons – see what i did there?) But seriously – just FIVE?! Who’s idea was this anyway, LONG?!!
In the interest of my sanity, I’m going to go with the PEEL – ugh except I didn’t even dive into the rest of my skincare regimen. Do-over, please! Perhaps I’ll give more deets on my insta, but for I’m going with the overnight resurfacing peel.
My melasma was already looking exponentially better after using BC products when this magic in a bottle came out . . .but this has been helping with all the things.
“Goodnight, dullness. Good morning, glow. Formulated with 15 botanically-derived acids, this leave-on AHA/BHA peel improves skin texture and minimizes the appearance of pores, fine lines, and dark spots without irritation or over-drying. Glycolic, lactic, and malic acids clear away dull surface skin cells, while hyaluronic acid and essential fatty acids soothe and nourish to reveal a brighter, more youthful-looking complexion.
Why is it safer?
Our Overnight Resurfacing Peel is formulated without synthetic fragrances, PEGs, and formaldehyde-based preservatives commonly found in peels.
Our peel uses a unique combination of both resurfacing acids and soothing acids that hydrate, replenish, and protect skin. This precise combination of acids optimizes performance while maintaining a pH level that doesn’t cause irritation.”
I’ll end on to the tune of almost 1500 GLOWING 5-star reviews (pun always intended)
You’re up, Long. Good luck, this homework assignment was hard, mom.
Enter Long: Well, apparently the early bird gets the DEW SKIN! Have no fear, I easily have another 5 faves (and toned arms so there!)
6. Rosewood Lip Gloss – Where have you been all of my life? Why have I not tried you until just now? Rosewood is the perfect lip gloss shade that’s not too dark, but still looks like you have some color on your lips. (Or, as the marketing people might say “warm neutral”)
7. Concealer Pen. It’s literally a Magic Eraser for your face. Darkness? Grey under eye circles? Redness? Blemishes? Wrinkles? Gonzo! Plus, the brand snob in me loves that it looks just like the YSL Touche Éclat.
8. This may be double dipping, as Loomis mentioned our pressed powders in #3 above. That said, I don’t think Kerry or my mom will call me on it. Our Radiant All-Over Bronzer is glorious, and of course on my list.
You don’t get the nickname “Tannie” if you don’t look like you have a sun-kissed glow year-round.
I wear the Cabana shade, but buyer beware, that’s pretty darn dark.
Odds are that you are more of a Surf girl.
(73 days until summer. Just sayin’.)
9. To round out the last 2 on the list, I’ll pick something old and something new. Our #1 Brightening Oil is one of Beautycounter’s original 9 products and quite possibly my all-time fave.
This citrus scented multi-tasker can be used for extra hydration, added radiance, a vitamin boost, and so much more.
Don’t just take my word for it, check out what Allure had to say.
Plus, Minnie Mortimer’s gushing about our face oils in Vogue pretty much sealed the deal for the L&L girls that this Beautycounter thing is something we 100% needed to get get involved in.
BTW, like your grandparents who walked 5 miles…uphill…in the snow to school, do I have a tale to tell. When I signed on to Beautycounter I had never seen or tried a product. There wasn’t even a web site. It seemed like a good idea, so I jumped in.
Moral of the story…
Off my soap box and onto #10
10. My “something new” is our recently-launched Brilliant Brow Gel. This face framer is a game changer. As our Chief Artistic Officer (and loveliest person on the planet), Christy Coleman says, brows are the frame of your face. You can check out more on brows from CC here.
Not to get your FOMO going, but the Brilliant Brow Gel has been so popular, we have had trouble keeping it in stock!
Now you have our faves, go shop ’til you drop!