Summer is unofficially here! One of my favorite things about summer is bringing my beach chair to the ocean and hunkering down with a terrific book. My criteria for a great beach read is nothing to deep, too heavy or too challenging, just a great story that you don’t want to put down. Here are my Top 10 books I can’t wait to tear into this summer.
- This weekend I started The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll of The Luckiest Girl Alive (soon to be made into a movie by Reese Witherspoon.)
Think murder mystery on a Bravo-type reality show. So far, so good.
2. Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell – Creepy, mysterious.
3. The Husband Hour by Jamie Bremer has shown up on almost every summer reading list I’ve seen.
We’ll see if it lives up to the hype.
4. Our Little Racket by Angelica Baker is the story of five women whose lives are changed by the downfall of a Greenwich, CT investment banker.
Town & Country says “This story…clocks in at over 500 pages, but promises to be one of the summer’s most entertaining reads.”
5. Wild by Cheryl Strayed – Can you believe I have never read it? I know! It’s happening this summer.
I will need the inspo as I start to train for my Rim to Rim Grand Canyon hike with the Holy Cross ladies in September. #girlsgonemild
P.S. Anyone else loving Cheryl’s Dear Sugars podcast?
Move over, Elin Hildebrand!
Enough said, I’m in!
8. All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin.
Let’s see if this one can top my all time favorite Giffin book, Love the One You’re With.
9. Hey Ladies follows a fictitious group of female friends (say that fives times fast!) and is told entirely through emails, texts, DMs, etc.
Loomis, do you think we could write a book based on our (incredibly fascinating) Voxers?
10. Tell Me Lies – Girl from Long Island goes to California for college and falls in love with a guy who is trouble.
How could I resist?