I remember reading Father of the Bride at a very young age, and this quote is printed on the first page.
And then I became mildly obsessed with the movie – The Spencer Tracy version – obvs.
I thought my beloved Gramps looked like Spencer so I couldn’t get enough.There is something very special about fathers & daughters indeed and Pop lived up to his Father of The Bride role like no other.On the heels of Father’s Day weekend I started getting a little emo looking at all the social media posts flying around – some in honor of dads lost too soon, some of the fathers that husbands had become, and all of dads they loved in one way or another. I enjoyed all the images and since I also love famous people, thought I’d take this opportunity to share my top ten famous Daddy
1.Chevy Chase with daughter, Cydney, LA 1983 via The Chicago Tribune2.Was anyone else obsessed with finding the NINAs on the cover of the NYT Arts & Leisure section growing up? It was one of my fave Sunday morning activities. Here’s Al with Nina herself.3. Paul Newman and daughters
4. This one is for you, Long.
Sir Paul McCartney & Stella
5. This one is for all of us. (swoon!)
David & Harper Beckham
6. I can’t with them. #sashaandmaliaforever
7. Switching gears for a second – how blown was your mind when you realized Victor Kiriakis was Jennifer Aniston’s dad?8. JFK & Baby Caroline. *sigh*
9. Zoe & Lenny Kravitz. The freaking coolest.10. And of course I can’t resist Prince Horseface & Princess Charlotte.
because we have our very own version of that going on over here . . .
And we couldn’t be more grateful.