So without going into detail, Long gets the day off because she is once again forced to face a brutal reminder that life can be cruel and too short and proving that she is an incredible friend to those in need. That being said, we continue our quest to seek out the things that make us happy in this precious life, no matter how big or small.
I personally am BIG into immediate gratification, so this week, here’s what’s shakin’ with my silver lining.
1. Mari Andrew’s illustrations – follow them on insta if you are not already.
You may have seen this one making the rounds on Mother’s Day.
She is so good.
so very very good.
2.Catastophe – I literally, yes LITERALLY, asked horseface to turn this off the other night because I was laughing so hard I
started peeing myself could not stand it.
Fun fact: The lead actor, Rob Delaney, went to Marblehead High School . . . with Horseface! (he said they weren’t good buddies and advised me not to creepily friend request him – whatever)
There is also a Jorge Doppleganger in this program – Carrie Fisher’s dog, Gary! (Oh, Carrie is in it, too – RIP)
And if that’s not enough it scores 100% on rotten tomatoes.
3. Ritual Vitamins – I have felt malnourished for years (
cheezit and diet Coke diet?) Even since I have made great strides in my eating habits aka “nutrition” I know I need some sort of supplement but traditional vitamins upset my tummy. Flash forward to me stalking my insta before bed and these beauts showed up. (yes, I keep my credit card by my bed for such occasions)
Yes, please. And the packaging is adorbs. So far, so good! They even come with a little reminder sticker so I’ve actually remembered to take these at least once a week 😉 Progress not perfection!
4. Ummmm, the freaking SUN IS OUT! so that’s exciting!
which means more dog walks for you know who!
5. Speaking of which, my Mother’s Day fleurs from George & Petunia match my walls and smell divine and are still going strong. Thank you George & Petunia 😉
P.S. This is the Sheryl posting about my aweome new friend Ashley and her insanely adorbs baby. True story. Can you even stand it? They are too cute! Lean in, Bitches!
(photo cred: Victoria Dosch)
7. My sconces that I have been sweating since they came into existence are finally installed above my mantle. I know this seems really not that exciting but there was this heinous 80s track lighting here when we moved in and this soft light is making me feel zen and happs. It doesn’t hurt that the sconces are TDF. If I had my way, every lighting fixture in my home would come from Coleen & Company but I’ll settle for these at the moment. And miraculously, I did not get them in pink. Horseface doesn’t even know how good he has it.
8. Today marks our DC trip anniversary – when Loomis & Long really bonded, and more importantly made a difference alongside their colleagues (this also landed them in Glamour mag). So cheers to that!
9. The 2nd Annual Bent Water Blast Off – Launch into Summer
This event is going to be bananas. Local peeps, please check it out. I’m SO bummed I am missing the fun. Food trucks, and bands, and new beers and everything that makes Horseface happy. ( I hope he doesn’t miss me too much!)
10. BUT I’m just a teeeeeny bit excited about a weekend away with some of my fave galfriends, celebrating a special someone’s 40th on my happy place and launching my best everything ever. Wow, that’s a lot happening right there. Def stay tuned for more on that.
Nantucket, we are coming for ya!
SO remember, even when life is not good, life is still good.